Which types of fire require Salvage?

Salvage works for all fire insurers. The building (building insurance), the contents (home contents or inventory and property), the interruption of business (loss of profits) can be insured with these insurance companies.
This means that Salvage can be called in for all types of fire in buildings
As an example:

  • Houses
  • Nursing homes
  • Businesses and multi-tenant businesses
  • Silos for storage of sawdust
  • Shops and shopping centres
  • Farms
  • Churches
  • Museums
  • Club buildings
  • Public sector buildings
  • Parking garages, garages, sheds

Salvage can also be called in to assist in fires in caravans or on houseboats with a fixed mooring place.

There is no fire, and then what?

In case of other damage, such as damage caused by water, storm or damage with chemical substances, we may also provide assistance after the insurance company has given its assent. In order to do so, we need the name of the fire victim’s insurance company. You may pass this name on to the operator. In case of doubt, we advise you to contact us, then we will discuss with you if assistance from Salvage should be called in. Our emergency centre is available on a 24-hour basis at 088 – 40 40 200


Salvage cannot be called in when there are fires on inland vessels or recreational craft, heath fires, forest fires or burning cars. Unless the car was parked in a garage or carport and the property or garage has been damaged because of it.
Of course Salvage does not only come for the building; victims who have suffered loss always come first.